Ask Away

Confused?  Here are answers to some of the most common questions we get.

No.  In Colorado, the only thing you need to purchase legal cannabis in our stores is a valid photo ID to prove that you are over 21.  Note that even if you look 100 years old, we cannot admit you to our stores without seeing proof of age.  We are unable to accept expired IDs.

Unfortunately, you must be a Colorado resident to purchase clones & seeds. Sorry, looks like you have to move here. 🙂

  1. An operator’s, chauffeur’s or similar type driver’s license, including a temporary license, issued by any state within the United States, District of Columbia, or any U.S. territory;
  2. An identification card, including a temporary identification card, issued by any state within the United States, District of Columbia, or any U.S. territory, for the purpose of proof of age using requirements similar to those in sections 42-2-302 and 42-2- 303, C.R.S.; CODE OF COLORADO REGULATIONS 1 CCR 212-2 Marijuana Enforcement Division 98
  3. A United States military identification card or any other identification card issued by the United States government including but not limited to a permanent resident card, alien registration card, or consular card;
  4. A passport or passport identification card; or
  5. Enrollment card issued by the governing authority of a federally recognized Indian tribe, if the enrollment card incorporates proof of age requirements similar to sections 42-2-302 and 42-2- 303, C.R.S.

Note that even if you look 100 years old, we cannot admit you to our stores without seeing proof of age.  We are unable to accept expired IDs and vertical Colorado IDs.

All recreational customers are allowed to purchase up to an ounce (28 grams) per day.  Once you have purchased to your limit, you may not purchase again at any dispensary until the following day.  There are equivalency rules in place for non-flower products.  For example, one 100 mg edible is equivalent to 3.5 g of cannabis.  Your knowledgeable and friendly Medicine Man budtender can walk you through the details.

As a reminder, adults in Colorado are allowed to possess up to one ounce of marijuana.

The main difference is the taxes you will pay.  In Colorado, medical marijuana is taxed as a normal good. To purchase medical marijuana, you must be a Colorado resident in possession of a state issued card which proves that you have a doctors recommendation for consumption of cannabis. Retail marijuana is taxed heavily – 15% by the state and many cities impose additional marijuana taxes on top of the “normal” taxes.  Another difference is that medical products can exceed the 100 mg of THC maximum imposed on recreational products.  Many medical patients require higher doses of THC so products like edibles, tinctures and pills are typically manufactured at a higher total dose.

No.  Unfortunately, Colorado does not offer reciprocity on medical marijuana card.  The good news is that anyone over 21 can still purchase recreational marijuana.

Colorado regulations prohibit the use of any cannabis (including edibles) in or around a dispensary.  Remember that it is illegal to consume any cannabis in a public space.  Be sure to check out all the Colorado laws HERE.

Remember that it is illegal to consume marijuana in public.  This includes but is not limited to areas accessible to the public such as transportation facilities, schools, amusement/sporting/music venues, parks, playgrounds, sidewalks and roads and outdoor and rooftop cafes.  It is also illegal to smoke at all indoor but public locations like bars, restaurants and common areas in buildings.  The best place to consume is in or on private property.  If you are staying at a hotel, ask the hotel if they allow marijuana consumption on their balconies – they are used to being asked.

Please note that marijuana is illegal on all federal lands (think Rocky Mountain National Park) and military bases.

While all strains are unique, there are some key difference between sativas and indicas.  The structure of the plant classifies Indica or Sativa.  Indica – short and stalky bushy, Sativa – tall and lanky tree.  Cannabis Sativa generally works best on your head, producing an energized wakefulness that stimulates creativity and is excellent for daytime use.  Indica, on the other hand, are best used for full-body relaxation, help with sleep, and are perfect for unwinding at night.  Remember that effects will differ from person to person.

At Medicine Man, we offer a variety of quality flower products, including indica, sativa and hybrid strains. Think of these products as all being on a single spectrum, some strains closer to 100% sativa, others closer to 100% indica.  All strains fall somewhere on that spectrum and depending on where it lands (and what terpenes the strain contains) is how you can better determine how it might affect you.

No, CBD is non-psychoactive. We now carry CBD-only gummies without THC. Check with your budtender to find the right mixture of CBD and THC so that you can be comfortable with the effects of whatever product you choose.

While being too high is scary, relax, there is no lethal dose of marijuana and after some time passes (depending on your metabolism and how much you ingested/inhaled), you will feel better.  There are a few ways to counteract a high – drink water or a citrus drink, go for a walk, or chew and swallow black peppercorn.  Do NOT eat fatty foods as this may increase the intensity of your high.  Best advice is go somewhere safe and wait.  If you are really worried, call your physician or poison control.

Yes.  Marijuana may be carried in cars but it may NOT be in an open container and CANNOT cross state boundaries.  It is illegal to use or consume marijuana in a motor vehicle and it is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana.

No.  It is illegal to take marijuana across state lines.  The Denver International Airport (DIA) prohibits possession, use, display and transfer of all marijuana on its property.  Please do not ask your budtender questions or advice on how to transport product out of state.

This is important!  Keep marijuana away from your children and/or pets by not leaving it out in the open.  If you have a locked cabinet, put it in there.  Do not leave product on counters or tables where it can be picked up by anyone other than the intended user who is over the age of 21.

If you suspect that your pet has ingested marijuana, call your vet immediately.  Signs of intoxication include extreme fatigue, anxiety, slower heart rate, red or dilated eyes, and loss of bladder control.

Yes, as long as you are a Colorado resident and the person to whom you are gifting the marijuana is 21 years of age or older, you can gift up to one ounce of marijuana at a time.  The marijuana must be transferred in a sealed, childproof container.

Medicine Man can only accept returns for products that are defective or damaged.  This includes any products that are broken, cracked, leaking, or otherwise unusable due to factors not caused by the consumer.  Bring the product along with your sales receipt to the store from which the product was purchased.  We will provide you with the same product that was defected.  We cannot provide refunds for any other medicated product.

We currently accept most debit cards at all stores.  The fee for a debit purchase is $3.50. Some debit cards do not work with our processing system so please call or ask your budtender for specifics.  The good news is that we have two ATMs at every location for your convenience.  ATMs have a $3.00 fee for every transaction.

No.  Only licensed, registered marijuana dispensaries can sell marijuana.