Ordering the right quantity of marijuana can be one of the most confusing aspects of cannabis purchases, especially for new or inexperienced users. Beginners and casual users should get comfortable asking for “eights,” and more experienced users should familiarize themselves with the terms and amounts associated with different orders to best meet their needs.
Marijuana Terms and Their Associated Amounts
- Dime Bag: A dime bag contains approximately 0.5 grams of marijuana. The name originates from the original common price: $10 for 0.5 grams. However, the current prices of marijuana make the name a misnomer, as many marijuana dispensaries are more likely to charge $10 for a full gram of marijuana.
- Eighth: An eighth refers to an eighth of an ounce of marijuana (roughly 3.5 grams). Eights are common because it is the ideal amount for most cannabis users. The quality of the strain determines the price of an eighth, which typically ranges from $20 to $60.
- Quarter: A quarter refers to a quarter ounce of marijuana (roughly 7 grams). Quarters range in price from $40 to $120.
- Ounce: An ounce of marijuana is 28 grams and is enough to last most cannabis users for a month. An ounce can range from $100 to $350.
- Pound: A pound of marijuana is sixteen ounces (454 grams). Without discounts for ordering in bulk, a pound can range in price from $1,600 to $56,000. Typically, only marijuana users interested in creating their own concentrates would order a pound or more.
Medicine Man Dispensaries sells both medical and recreational marijuana to cannabis users in southern Colorado. Our budmasters can recommend the best combination of product, concentration, and strains for the best cannabis experience for our customers. Please feel free to contact us by filling out our online form or by calling or visiting one of our four marijuana dispensaries.